Book of Ceremony: Shamanic Wisdom for Invoking the Sacred in Everyday Life
We perform ceremonies to mark important events and celebrate holidays―yet our modern approach to ceremony only scratches the surface of its true potential. With The Book of Ceremony, shamanic teacher Sandra Ingerman presents a rich and practical resource for creating ceremonies filled with joy, purpose, and magic. “We are hungry to connect with more than what we experience with our ordinary senses in the material world,” writes Sandra. “By performing ceremonies, you will find yourself stepping into a beautiful and creative power you might never have imagined.”
Weaving shamanic teachings together with stories, examples, and guiding insights, The Book of Ceremony explores:
· The elements of a powerful ceremony―including setting strong intentions, choosing your space, preparing ceremonial items, and dealing gracefully with the unexpected
· Stepping into the sacred―key practices for leaving behind your everyday concerns and creating a space where magic can happen
· Guidance for working alone, in community, and across distances with virtual ceremonies
· Invoking spiritual allies―the power of working with the elements, the natural world, ancestor spirits, and the creative energy of the divine
· Sacred transitions―including ceremonies for weddings, births, rites of passage to adulthood, funerals, honorable closure, and new beginnings
· Ceremonies for energetic balance―healing and blessing, resolving sacred contracts, getting rid of limiting beliefs, creating Prayer Trees, and more
· Life as a ceremony―how to infuse your entire life with ceremonial practice, from planting a garden to revitalizing your home or office to helping heal our planet
The Book of Ceremony is more than a “how-to” guide―it will inspire you to create original ceremonies tailored to your own needs and the needs of your community. When you invoke the sacred power of ceremony, you tap into one of the oldest and most effective tools for transforming both yourself and the world. As Sandra writes, “If you perform one powerful and successful ceremony for yourself, the principle of oneness ensures that all of life heals and evolves.”
About the Author:
Sandra IngermanSandra Ingerman, MA, is an award winning author of twelve books, including Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self, Medicine for the Earth, Walking in Light, and The Book of Ceremony: Shamanic Wisdom for Invoking the Sacred into Everyday Life. She is the presenter of several audio programs produced by Sounds True, and she is the creator of the Transmutation App. Sandra is a world-renowned teacher of shamanism and has been teaching for more than 30 years. She has taught workshops internationally on shamanic journeying, healing, and reversing environmental pollution using spiritual methods. Sandra is recognized for bridging ancient cross-cultural healing methods into our modern culture, addressing the needs of our times.
Sandra is known for gathering the global spiritual community together to perform powerful transformative ceremonies, as well as inspiring us to stand strong in unity so we do our own spiritual and social activism work while keeping a vision of hope and being a light in the world.
She is passionate about helping people to reconnect with nature. Since the 1980’s thousands of people have healed from past and present traumas through the classic cross-cultural shamanic healing method Sandra teaches called Soul Retrieval.
She is a licensed marriage and family therapist and professional mental health counselor. She is also a board-certified expert on traumatic stress. She was awarded the 2007 Peace Award from the Global Foundation for Integrative Medicine. Sandra was chosen as one of the Top 10 Spiritual Leaders of 2013 by Spirituality and Health Magazine.
Sandra has two new books released in 2018. The Hidden Worlds was co-written with Katherine Wood and is a novel written for young adults to help them navigate the changing world. The Book of Ceremony: Shamanic Wisdom for Invoking the Sacred Into Everyday Life was written for a shamanic and general audience on how to bring the sacred into daily life by performing shamanic ceremonies designed for our times and the challenges we are facing today.